Sunday, November 8, 2009

Prejudice In North-Central Africa?

As you may or may not know, our group has begun to research the abuse of rights on innocent children in Africa. The majority of this maltreatment is due to small militias that are constantly murdering and assaulting villagers in small towns. I was wondering why these vagabonds would possibly commit the terrible crimes. I remembered a movie I saw last year called Hotel Rwanda, this movie is based off of the genocide that occurred in Rwanda in 1994. The Hutu soldiers are murdering many Tutsi civilians. It is beyond me how someone can kill based on small differences between people. I am unsure of whether or not this is similar to what is occurring now in Congo, Darfur, and Sudan. What really bothers me is the politics behind these atrocities. In Rwanda, the UN was unable to intervene in the genocide and stop the insanity. Now, the murders in Darfur and Sudan often go unheard.

4 comments:

  1. Kyle, I really like how you always tie your blogs into something you've seen or heard. I to also saw the film Hotel Rwanda it was sad that because of a different tribe or different part of a country you would kill another person is beyond me. It's horrible that the murders go unheard of and I think the UN or some nation needs to step in since Darfur and Sudan’s governments aren’t doing anything about it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so rediculous how someone can be so mean and hate somebody for their skin color!- i mean come on grow up! right? also, deaths gone unheard thats just not right. goodjob kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture for your profile makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our paper is taking off man! I'm really excited about how our final draft is going to turn out. I have some really good ideas for our ending paragraph. I'll talk to you about them in class today!

    ReplyDelete